About ARC International
ARC (Association for Refining Cross-Culture) was established in 1986 as a NPO in Los Angeles to offer services in various types of study-abroad options for international students. We are solely a professional educational provider, dedicated to the betterment of students' lives and improvement of their educational and career goals. We specialize more in academic long-term study-abroad, which we believe will be a great asset to students rather than in short-term sightseeing package programs which are usually offered by traveling agencies in Japan. As a professional educational provider, we are proud to assist with research of secondary schools, colleges, vocational schools and graduate schools in our placement service. With enormous consultation before leaving Japan and appropriate background research on the student's character and purpose of their study-abroad and career goals, we confidently plan successful study itineraries and give careful attention after their arrival in the USA, Canada and other destinations.
What differentiate us from other agencies are the various careful support services we offer. After arriving at their destination, we closely keep in touch with the student, school and host family and monitor their academic progress and their social life. We also assist in a smooth and natural entrance into the high school for the minor students within 2-3 months before their departure, which would be impossible for other agencies. So last-minute study-abroad decisions are welcomed here and we have the resources and experience to handle it. We have also re-evaluated the study-abroad options again and concluded that ESL language training or college graduation programs alone would not suffice especially for young people in our current society, and need more of a hands-on skill training. Practical internships or hands-on skill training in conjunction with studying gives a great asset to students and gets them in more demand in our society. We now offer a WORK+STUDY program, including J-1 business internships, hotel & hospitality internship programs and the likes. These programs are highly appreciated and accept applicants regardless of age.
As a part of our company expansion, we have local branch offices located in the Tokyo and Osaka area that are staffed with representatives that are happy to give consultation about our services. The director of ARC International, Chiey Nomura, visits many cities in Japan, providing free consultation as well to people who wish to study or work abroad. Our mission to support people's betterment of their lives is broadly recognized and we are expanding our services more and more.
Study-Abroad Services in USA, Canada, UK, Switzerland, Australia, Malta
High Schools, Colleges, Graduate Schools:
- Long-term F-1 secondary private school placement
- Long-term J-1 exchange public high school program
- Summer junior program (Age 5-18)
- College, Graduate school placement
- University Extension career-up program placement
- J-1 one-year public school exchange student program
- 1 year MBA graduate program
- Hotel and Hospitality College, vocational school placement
- J-1 long-term business paid internship program
- J-1 long/short term non-paid internship program
- Language training + medical assistance internship program
- Language training + short-term business internship program
Career-Up, Art, Music Programs:
- ESL+ Diving, ESL+ Jewelry-making, ESL+, dance, ESL+ voice training programs
- Film, 3D, Web design, Fashion design, Recording, Acting, Entertainment, Show-business, management program
- Esthetique, Make-up, Nail-art, Cosmetology, Permanent make-up programs
- TESOL training programs
- Short-term American Homestay program
Language School Placements:
Various types of options for school selection are available. Consultation is offered, taking, budget and desired duration of stay into consideration.
Junior Sports Programs:
High school + Golf/Figure Skate/Tennis/Soccer/Baseball programs. Authorized agents of IMG academy, Gary Gilchrist Academy, Bishops Gate Academy and Others.
Pre-Arrival and Post-Arrival Support Services
- Free Consultation before school placement via on-site meeting, e-mail and phone.
- School registration and accommodation arrangement services.
- I-20 arrangement, I-901(SEVIS fee) payment services.
- Toll-free dial to ARC from inside USA & Canada.
- 24-hour emergency support service by phone.
- Airport pick-up, drop-off service at LAX.
- Travel arrangement including purchase of air ticket and transportation arrangement.
- International calling card and cellular phone purchase assistance.
- Support for opening US bank accounts and ATM cards.
- Updated information on passport and new visa regulations.
- Homestay and dormitory accommodation arrangement.
- Apartment rental contract service assistance.
- Support for utility service request, monthly payment of rent and other utilities.
- Frequent communication between student, ARC and parents via e-mail and phone.
- Translation and interpretation of academic report and other ongoing situation to parents.
- Guardianship service for minor students.
- School research and campus tour escort with students for transfer.
- Yearly academic and life support.
- Automobile, auto insurance purchase arrangements.
- Overseas medical insurance assistance.
|Company Name||ARC INTERNATIONAL
(Association for Refining Cross-Culture)
|Address||Japanese American Cultural Community Center
244 South San Pedro St, #402, Los Angeles, CA. 90012 USA
|Number of Stuff||10|
View Larger Map
Branch in Tokyo|
1-2-3 Kaigan Minato-ku Tokyo, Japan 105-0022
Shiodome Shibarikyu Building 21F
Satellite Office in Tokyo Hamamatsu-cho
Branch in Mie
1584-150 Harima Kuwana-shi Mie, Japan 551-0862
Branch in Okayama
20-50 Tsubue Kurashiki-shi Okayama, Japan 710-0034
|Main Bank||California Bank & Trust|